Delivered in partnership by a six-valleys local authority consortium of Bridgend, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taff and Torfaen, the £13.5 million SEWCED programme is supported by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government.
Our achievementsSince 2010, we have achieved the following:
- social enterprises supported – 99
- social enterprises created – 16
- funding invested – £5.3 Million
- jobs created – 90
What we set out to do:
- increase the economic contribution of the third sector
- provide sustainable employment
- anchor wealth within communities
- improve services for communities
- develop local networks encouraging local communities to work together
- promote social inclusion through cultural and heritage activities
The SEWCED programme offers a wide range of flexible funding support, including revenue expenditure supporting short and long-term staff, business planning, feasibility studies and all manner of other activity related to business development and sustainability. The capital offering under the programme is designed to support the purchase of capital assets, building enhancements and renovations - again with the aim of promoting greater sustainability among funding beneficiaries. Please click HERE to view our funding options.
SEWCED will run until April 2015 and, due to extensive demand, the project is likely to close earlier than this. We advise contacting your local team as soon as possible with any potential project ideas.